Success Academy Charter Schools - Success Academy has provided me with the opportunity to advance my career and change the lives of NYC kids! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

"Success Academy has provided me with the opportunity to advance my career and change the lives of NYC kids!"

Current Employee - Associate Teacher in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Success Academy for about a year and a half and I have already had opportunities to grow and develop professionally. I am currently an Associate Teacher and professional development is one of the major strengths of this company! We constantly have workshops and observe other teachers to be the best we can be. Next year I will be a Lead Teacher and I feel completely prepared! The kids love to learn and we push the scholars to work hard everyday.

Cons

Success Academy is a very demanding place to work, although it is also rewarding. If we want to close the achievement gap, we need to put in the long hours and hard work!

Other Employee Reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

"Success Academy is a wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

There is so much support from other teachers and staff. If you need anything, there is always someone willing to help. Teachers are also provided with all of the resources they need and more. Success not only focuses on the growth of the students, but on the teachers as well. It is one of the best places to work for new and returning teachers.

Cons

It may seem like long hours, but it really is not at all.

"My experience at SA has been both incredibly challenging and incredibly rewarding."

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at SA is that working here allows you to make a difference in the ed reform movement. SA is out to prove that every child has the ability to succeed in school and in life, and it's a really cool thing to be a part of. There's a team atmosphere among teachers and staff, plenty of resources and opportunities for development, and really high expectations. There's a lot of structure, but SA also allows kids to be kids, with lots of field trips and interesting specials such as art and yoga. Not to mention great salary & benefits :)

Cons

SA is not for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to work really hard every day and accept frequent feedback.