SuccessFactors - Lots of potential, but lacking the right management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SuccessFactors

"Lots of potential, but lacking the right management"

Former Employee - Program Manager in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Program Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Smart and dedicated people on the front lines. Fast pace and execution focus.

Cons

Lack of visibility into performance management process and the outcomes of the process (ironic). Seemingly arbitrary promotions of some employees, while others who seem deserving are overlooked. Extremely political, despite claims of "performance, not politics". Perceived gender gap-- lack of women in senior positions.

Advice to Management

Get a true and transparent performance process in place, and make it fair and consistent. Answer employee questions about perceived fairness issues, without accusing them of whining (many complaints had merit). Share employee survey results with the entire employee population, not just senior managers.

Other Employee Reviews for SuccessFactors

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Regional Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Name recognition, I guess. It is certainly not the pace. Made for Gen-Yers than Gen Xers. A bit too fast for me, dawg.

Cons

Very Oracle-Like environment at least from a manager perspective. A lot of A-holes when there aren't suppose to be any. Back stabbing is a norm for management.

Advice to Management

Find a new career path. Hasn't the slick software salesman vibe run it's course? Successfactors is full of them.

"The real SFSF"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Since SFSF is so political the employees have really banded together for support. I can really count on my team mates for support

Cons

It is extremely political. Unless you are in with management you are at risk.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk on the NO A HOLE rule. Stop managing by fear. Tell Lars to stop these emotional rants about the economy because it doesn't motivate us You may want to retrain your sales staff. I'm very concern about shareholder value and making sales targets when you let go great reps and kept ones that don't even know what and employee profile is or even our employee directory. I'm concern that doing great work matter less than who you are connected too.