Suddenlink Communications - Good learning experience | Glassdoor

"Good learning experience"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with

Cons

needs better processes put into place for departments to work together. They are working on that

Other Employee Reviews for Suddenlink Communications

"Great learning experience with a growing company"

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

Pros

The people are the best asset

Cons

needs a little more structure

"(Promises Broken)Worst employer I have worked for. Found a new job"

Current Employee - Direct Sales
    Current Employee - Direct Sales

I have been working at Suddenlink Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Water, free air, decent insurance and air conditioning. That's about it.

Cons

Worst pay and hours I have had in 20 years. 6 day 55 hour work week. Some people are belittled by management regularly, thankful it wasn't me. Unrealistic sales goals. Management expects you to sale 10 or more RGU's a day or expect to be reprimanded, even though management has never sold services in there life. Expect Micro managing all the time with criticism. Company phones are GPS tracked and you will receive emails accusing you of turning off the GPS, even though you didn't. Daily conference calls up to 2 hours before your work day starts. On the calls you will be asked to recite verbally company propaganda. If you do it wrong or with out enough excitement you will be criticized in front of 30 people.

If you have a family, they are 2nd to the company in managements eyes. They will tell you that "if you loved your family, you would work more to make them more money" or when denied time off to be with your children there answer is, "we have a business to run here".

My department of 20 has seen over 50 people come and go in 6 months. All coming in with high expectations, only to be crushed within weeks. Whole department is looking for jobs. Revolving door, no reason to get to know there names.

I am a happy optimistic person (by the way no laughing or fun at work, NO-NO)and this company just gave me the worst summer of my life. The above only but scratches the surface of there atrocities. Please avoid the trap. You will be promised great pay 80,000 + you will earn under 30,000, did I mention 6 day 55 hour work weeks. Every job I have had I stayed for more then 8 years before leaving for another job. I stayed to long with Suddenlink. Guess I believed it would get better but it didn't. Wished I had something nice to say but I don't. Hope this helps you! :).

Advice to Management

Please go out and by your self, do the job your employees do for one week. You will learn a lot and may feel embarrassed by some of your earlier statements to employees but more important you will earn respect of your employees and will be able to share stories that are real, not made up. Hence the embarrassment.