Suffolk Construction - My experience at Suffolk has been extremely positive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Suffolk Construction

"My experience at Suffolk has been extremely positive."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

People are passionate about what they do and are always willing to help. There are a lot of opportunities to give back to the community. You also have the chance to be creative and come up with new ideas.

Cons

The company tends to run pretty lean in all areas, this causes a higher level of stress for people at times. It is an area where the company can improve but it really seems to working on it.

Advice to Management

Management could do a better job of understanding what their employee's are working on and try to find ways to support them a little more through better technology or staffing support. For the most part I believe in our Management team at all levels and know they are right people to lead Suffolk in this industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Suffolk Construction

"High Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Dynamic Leadership at the top. Into technology and studying how to succeed.

Cons

High turnover is a sign that owner should look in the mirror. I'm not sure that this management style is sustainable. At least in the western United States.
    "It's getting the right people on the bus" to the max. Just don't be the one thrown off (it's a big pile).

Advice to Management

Settle down and stick with a plan and your managers. You can't hire/ fire and buy your way to the top. The top builders are Builders. They know how to build.

"One of the best companies I've worked for."

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

I loved working for Suffolk. They have a great work-life balance and really care to keep their employees "in the know." I'd love to go back if I was still in the area.

Cons

There's a bit of favortism here and there, but I think that happens at any company that you go to.

Advice to Management

I think they should keep up with the employee boosting programs and events, it allows people to see that you are appreciative of them, and that you realize sometimes they need a break to unwind and de-stress.