SugarCRM - Sweet Company! | Glassdoor

"Sweet Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time

Pros

- I absolutely love the company culture. Sugar hit its 10 year mark this year, but it still maintains a fun, start-up vibe. You can feel how passionate the exec team is, especially our founder, and the enthusiasm among the employees is contagious. Sugar is also very thoughtful to its employees, the exec team will set company milestones and when these milestones are reached, every employee worldwide is rewarded with a gift, some past gifts have been Nexus 7 tablets, mountain bikes, and the huge, 10 year anniversary party at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco. This is a fun and productive way to keep employees engaged and showing how we are valued.

- Great benefits. The company is very generous when it comes to contributing to medical costs and offers a really great medical package. Sugar also offers a weekly yoga class just for employees at the beautiful Bay Club gym across the street, a weekly boot camp/kickboxing class, weekly lunches, an annual summer picnic, fun holiday parties, up to $1000 to use towards tuition or classes within your job scope per year, spirit weeks with prizes, volunteer opportunities and partial gym membership reimbursement.

- Great people. The company really works to find "true sugas" who live up to our company values. There is even a great recognition program for employees who display our core values - value, innovative, open, integrity and passion - which shows how important these ideals are to the company as a whole. The company has an employee referral percentage at least twice the industry average, which shows that it is a great company to work for.

I would definitely recommend working here.

Cons

Growing pains with recent reorgs, but this is to be expected at this point in the company's growth.

Advice to Management

Great benefits and culture, love the new focus on employee training with Sugar University courses, looking forward to the next company milestone gift :-) .

Other Employee Reviews for SugarCRM

"Sweet!"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the culture of the company.
    There is open communication at all levels and no hang-ups or attitude based on job titles.
    The company provides an excellent environment for learning and growing oneself.
    New ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
    The executive management team has tremendous vision and the company is growing at an unprecedented rate.
    I see a great future ahead both career-wise and company-wise at SugarCRM!

Cons

As is common with companies on the grow, there are many areas that need improvement.
    Better/more employees, processes and tools are needed to adjust to the growth as the company turns the corner and moves up.

Advice to Management

Make sure the company is capitalizing on the current momentum and not reading its own press clippings.

"The time of my life"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SugarCRM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company values, everyone is really open and happy to help you out. The company is full of amazing and lovely people. My manager was fantastic to me and all of HR were happy to help with whatever problem I had.
    - Generous benefits package
    - Many company events for you to get to know people in the company
    - Free snacks, coffee and free lunch every wednesday.
    - Tons of free T-shirts.
    - You can create your own opportunities around the company.
    - Would very much recommend working here, even though I am leaving. I am purchasing all my stock before I leave.
    - Tons of committees to join around the company
    - gym reimbursement.

Cons

The year to year raises were lower than expected (4%). When you negotiate your offer, make sure it is a salary you can be happy with for at least a couple years before you sign, especially if you are an engineer.

Advice to Management

Compensate engineers with their current market value.