SumTotal - One of the best places I have ever worked! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SumTotal

"One of the best places I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at SumTotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Normal work hours. Excellent benefits. Great work environment where the company truly seeks to make everyday an enjoyable work experience. Room for upward advancement.

Cons

Not at the top of the pay scale.

Other Employee Reviews for SumTotal

"going downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at SumTotal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- flexible schedule and location, you can work from home alot and no one gives you trouble for taking time off during the day for appointments etc

Cons

- while schedules are flexible everyone is having to put in tons of hours because of low staffing
    - compensation is based on what they pay in Gainesville, no matter where they hire you.
    - company is pushing to hire everyone in Gainesville which turns off most potential candidates
    - stack ranking (and all the problems that go along with that)
    - many executives, managers, etc have left and not been replaced, workload just gets piled on other employees

Advice to Management

We heard boasts in every quarterly meeting about the ridiculous amount of money we made. Please invest some of that back into the company and the people.

2. "Good environment, low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at SumTotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are really awesome. Medical/ Vision and Dental are offered at the lowest rates I've ever seen. There are pre-tax accounts that can be used for daycare and a retirement fund that is taken out pre-tax, as well. Most managers allow flex hours and locations (as in from home, when necessary). There are also a lot of opportunities to grow in your career or to switch careers. The company is very fluid in that respect.

Cons

Sales and the back office seem to be at odds regularly. The pay scale is low when looking at the averages. The highest salary is usually at the low end of the average. There is also a lot of disorganization around a lot of policies because of rapid acquisitions in 2011. Processes are still being ironed out

Advice to Management

Pay all of your employees a little more. The back office is just as important as Sales.