Sumitomo Corporation of America - I has been a great learning experience for me, working in different styles of management and diversity . | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sumitomo Corporation of America

"I has been a great learning experience for me, working in different styles of management and diversity ."

Current Employee - Senior Business Operations Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Business Operations Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diversity , Exposure to real world, learning opportunity, project based work environment , great culture, international travel and work experience , good compensation , career path, diversified portfolio makes it unique and rich history of the company makes the culture of the company very sustainable.

Cons

International travel is tough on family life at times , internal consulting company so less customer interaction.

Other Employee Reviews for Sumitomo Corporation of America

"Great place to work if you Japanese"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits are amazing, office location is nice

Cons

No american upper managment, all upper managment (senior) is japanese. They openly speak japanese in front of non japanese speaking staff. Very quick to judge and extremly slow to forgive if an error occurs. Took this position for the pay and benefits, had I have known what I was getting into I may have passed. Regardless of title if an american manages japanese staff the japanese staff have a greater ability for direct access to upper managment because they are japanese.

Advice to Management

Senior managment should walk the floors more and interact with lower level employees. You have countless hard working employees that get zero attention.

2. "Good place for an ambitious younger worker"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Sumitomo Corporation of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A professional organization with high quality products, good benefit program including both a 401K and a company sponsored pension plan

Cons

Delivery and quality of some products is suspect leading to difficulty maintaining or growing the customer base

Advice to Management

Raise the importance of the customer and respond to their repeated requests for improved quality and delivery