Summa Health System - Managed Poorly | Glassdoor

"Managed Poorly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Summa Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great for the most part. I miss the patients and I give props to all the ICU nurses.

Cons

Your voice as an employee is not heard by management, at least from my experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Summa Health System

"Poor Moral - Punitive atmosphere-poor staffing ratios-they micromanage and do not promote autonomy - do not encourage in"

Current Employee - Registed Nurse in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Registed Nurse in Akron, OH

I have been working at Summa Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They usually have very good supervisors on evenings, nights and weekends

Cons

Overall, poor management with "bobble head" mentality. They are not usually proactive of their staff. Any support comes from the Physicians. I graduated from their school of nursing and have worked with them for most of my career. I used to be jokingly referred to as one of Summa's biggest cheerleaders....unfortunately that is no longer the case. Except for surgical procedures, my family members choose to be treated at other hospitals. Summa has really compromised their ethics and care of patients. I never thought I would see the day that the Hospital I believed was #1 would fall so low.

Advice to Management

Care, Care, Care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start focusing on your staff and the problems at hand. They are your first line of defense. They are afraid to speak up for fear of losing their jobs. Invest in your employees and you will reap the benefits and see Summa soar once again. Morale and faith in who you work for can make all the difference, but that is not really possible when overall, Management is punitive and closed minded. What a shame.

2. "Warehouse temp help."

Former Contractor - Warehouse Help in Akron, OH
    Former Contractor - Warehouse Help in Akron, OH

I worked at Summa Health System as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The upper management were great to deal with, it was the lower management and office staff looked down on the people in the warehouse.

I had run upon bad times do to the economy. I had my own company related to construction and all of my clients had either gone under or stopped doing any work and was faced with debt and no work. At that time I was willing to do anything trying to keep up with my financial obligations, that is how I ended up in the warehouse.

Cons

Listed above are some, plus some people thought you were stupid because of what you were doing. I had run various projects around the country and large crews of different trades, I always treated everyone the same. When I was on the other side of management working as a temp, I found it very disappointing that people were looked down on by the office staff.

Advice to Management

Walk a mile in the shoes of your employees before you pass judgement on others.