Summerlin Hospital - No different than any other hospital in Las Vegas...Inferior medical care throughout the city | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Summerlin Hospital

"No different than any other hospital in Las Vegas...Inferior medical care throughout the city"

Pros

Money, self scheduling, supportive night shift nursing supervisors

Cons

Inconsistency with rules, unsafe nurse to patient ratios, allowing doctors to behave inappropriately without any recourse

Advice to Management

If you want HCAP scores to improve you need to provide the staff with proper equipment to do their job.

Other Employee Reviews for Summerlin Hospital

1. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Summerlin Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than the con I listed, I love working at Summerlin and see how much it is growing. The CEO said there would be growth and I see that with the lack of parking and new building structures. I worry that people aren't being hired enough to cover shifts. If they had that covered, Summerlin would be 100% great. That's why I gave 4 stars. The recruiters need to hurry and hire more people.

Cons

I feel overworked. Please hire more RN's. I am part-time but work over 40 hours a week anyway. I have addressed this to my manager and to human resources, but they have done nothing. My manager said she spoke with human resources and they said they would help me. It's been so long. Parking also is bad.

Advice to Management

Parking and rush on recruiting more people

Summerlin Hospital Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We want all of our employees to feel listened to, and we are here to be employee advocates for you. If you wish to address this issue with HR directly, we... More

2. "Love Summerlin"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Summerlin Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the area I work in and adjusted so well here. I am going on my second year and love everyone I work with. The cafeteria burgers are so good and the bars that have baked potatoes.

Cons

Too many changes in management and a few unfair practices. People promoted as hush hush and not told it's been posted. I thought we were supposed to be told if our department is looking for a new manager. That's why I am here and someone was so quietly promoted.

Advice to Management

Tell managers not to tell us last minute our license is expiring. I turned mine into human resources and was called at home to say I had been banned on the grounds until I got my license renewed. Communication needs to be worked on within managers and whoever else tell our licenses.