Summit Solutions - Summit Solutions offers personal and professional growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Summit Solutions

"Summit Solutions offers personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

#1. You'll never get drawn into one of those water-cooler conversations with co-workers about negative or just mundane BS. Everyone is really positive and goal-oriented. They have better things to do.

#2. There's a truly no-seniority promotion structure. If you work harder than everyone else, you can get promoted to management faster than everyone else, even people who have been around for years. So if you're driven by competition, this is the place for you. If you like a good challenge, like "do one more sale a week than the next guy and you can get to management faster and retire sooner"--if that kind of thing drives you to get out there and knock out your goals, this is the place (and it's not a dangling carrot--just ask the veterans who have done it).

#3. You get personal one-on-one coaching in sales, sales training, management, leadership, and personal development. You also get access to coaching from managers who have been with the company for 5, 10, 15 years who can vouch for the integrity of the company and the reality of the long-term career opportunity. Every one of them started where you are so you know they understand exactly where you are in your development, what your struggles are and how to guide you.

Cons

Hard work, having people tell you "no" (which is true of any sales job), and having to be personally accountable for your own performance. It's not for everyone. If you're NOT a hard-worker, if you're NOT goal-oriented, positive, competitive, and motivated by a challenge.... this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Summit Solutions Response

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoy our focused, yet positive work environment! We know that can be hard to come by, so we strive to have an atmosphere where our ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Summit Solutions

"Good People - Make your own Decision"

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

"very fast"

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

very fast about contacting you and letting you know the current situation
    super friendly HR

Cons

the reviews really made me question this position??

Advice to Management

try not to have such contradicting reviews for the jobs