Summit Solutions - Very deceptive company, if you work for them you'll be sorry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Summit Solutions

"Very deceptive company, if you work for them you'll be sorry."

Pros

There honestly aren't any I can think of. They make it sound like a dream job but it's actually a commission only sales job and it's impossible to make decent money.

Cons

The actual job is nothing like how they describe it, very mean and insulting people, and it's practically impossible to make decent money.

May 15, 2014 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to email our HR department if you would like to offer any more specific feedback. We will not keep any managers on staff that are mean or insulting.

Other Employee Reviews for Summit Solutions

"Senior Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are definitely all about leadership development and personal development around here. As long as people are growing personally and professionally, we all do ... More

"Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

Apr 29, 2015 – President

Thanks for your review! We love hearing that what our team members learn in the office is transferrable and useful in other important areas of life.