Summit Solutions - Perfect first career for a college grad. Tons of training and fun environment. You better be an extrovert though... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Summit Solutions

"Perfect first career for a college grad. Tons of training and fun environment. You better be an extrovert though..."

Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LOVED the people and the atmosphere, its hard to find a job that you have fun going to. Tons of sales training, this is why I started. I wanted to get my foot in the door to get more experience in B2B sales now that I have a degree.

Cons

Pay by performance can be tough for some people, I did pretty good though and made about 4K/month before taxes... I only left because another company offered me more money.

Advice to Management

Nothing, thank you for all the mentorship Chris.

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to review our company. Although you had to move on, we are glad that you had a great experience working with us!

Other Employee Reviews for Summit Solutions

"Fun and Challenging"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work hard and have a lot of fun. If you just want an easy, slow paced job this probably isn't a right fit but if you enjoy a a high energy environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth we would enjoy working with you.

Cons

Long hours; which arn't a problem if you enjoy working hard to make good money.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye out for up and coming new managers

Thanks for your review!

"Summit Solutions offers personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

#1. You'll never get drawn into one of those water-cooler conversations with co-workers about negative or just mundane BS. Everyone is really positive and goal-oriented. They have better things to do.

#2. There's a truly no-seniority promotion structure. If you work harder than everyone else, you can get promoted to management faster than everyone else, even people who have been around for years. So if you're driven by competition, this is the place for you. If you like a good challenge, like "do one more sale a week than the next guy and you can get to management faster and retire sooner"--if that kind of thing drives you to get out there and knock out your goals, this is the place (and it's not a dangling carrot--just ask the veterans who have done it).

#3. You get personal one-on-one coaching in sales, sales training, management, leadership, and personal development. You also get access to coaching from managers who have been with the company for 5, 10, 15 years who can vouch for the integrity of the company and the reality of the long-term career opportunity. Every one of them started where you are so you know they understand exactly where you are in your development, what your struggles are and how to guide you.

Cons

Hard work, having people tell you "no" (which is true of any sales job), and having to be personally accountable for your own performance. It's not for everyone. If you're NOT a hard-worker, if you're NOT goal-oriented, positive, competitive, and motivated by a challenge.... this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

May 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoy our focused, yet positive work environment! We know that can be hard to come by, so we strive to have an atmosphere where our ... More