Sumo Logic - Big data, hyper growth, challenging engineering problems | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sumo Logic

"Big data, hyper growth, challenging engineering problems"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, talented and experienced people committed to Company's success
Company is well positioned to be very successful in cloud + big data + analytics, strong growing list of customers.
Experienced leaders with deep domain knowledge in the service's main industry (ie, they know what they are doing)

Cons

Daily site up meeting is getting big with growth in the team, on one hand it's great having visibility into the daily production and blocking issues, on other hand it may not be most efficient any more.
Commute is a bit much for some people going to Redwood City
Interviewers set a very hire bar, some candidates who might be actually successful at Sumo may end up not getting an offer

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best experienced and proven leaders at the senior management level and the company will continue moving fast producing good results from happy employees. I know other companies have gotten into spot of keeping inexperienced/incompetent senior managers way longer than they should and it really suffocates and lowers morale, don't fall into that trap. Keep and maintain a hire bar and the company will do fine.

Apr 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Thank you so much for your insight. Hiring great talent is a top priority for Sumo and we invest a lot of effort in making sure we hire the best. Commuting/parking is an area we are working on to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Sumo Logic

"Sumo Logic, we log you long time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management listens to concerns and are level headed, great coworkers, the environment is fun, there are a lot of events to participate in if you choose to, benefits are paid for (and good), lunch is catered daily : )

Cons

We are a startup so there are still growing pains that we are working through. One of them would be around an efficient immigration process.

Advice to Management

Hire an HR Director. We need someone who actually has HR experience vs handing off the responsibility to someone who doesn't have the right background for it.

Apr 17, 2015 – Recruiting

After starting at Sumo, our CEO made it a priority to hire a VP of People. It is the people of Sumo that are important to him. They are the ones that think of our customers and how to solve their ... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sumo Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Startup atmosphere, great co workers, lots of perks (games, catered food, toys, cool office), challenging work environment, lots of freedom.

Cons

Very busy! But still a good work-life balance.

Advice to Management

None, you're doing fine.

Apr 17, 2015 – Recruiting

Thank you for the comment! Being busy can be a con but we are glad there is a good balance of work to life!