Sun Products Corporation - A Satisfying Job for a Young Professional | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sun Products Corporation

"A Satisfying Job for a Young Professional"

Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY
Current Employee - Shipping Coordinator in Bowling Green, KY

Pros

As a young professional striving to make it on their own, I've found Huish Detergents/ Sun Products to be a satisfying job and a rewarding workplace. I have observed managment and found them to be fair, competent, fun, but also very serious about their job. They run their offices with an air both casual and professional allowing for an employee to be at ease as well as efficient. This atmosphere makes it easy for an employee to approach a senior member with questions or concerns improving the quality of work. I find personally that I put forth a better effort to avoid disappointing my supervisors than I would if they were removed and aloof from the people they are responsible for. I have observed poor work resulting in discipline and satisfactory work resulting in praise and advancement. The workplace is well maintained and very cleanly, in fact it is the cleanliest and most orderly factory I have ever worked for. Safety is a high priority and taken very seriously, I feel very secure in my work environment. The compensation and benefits package is competitive, I am mostly satisfied with my pay and benefits. Overall, I give four out of five stars to Huish Detergents/ Sun Products as a top employer in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Cons

Training, however, is a bit lackluster. I found myself intimidated by my trainer and very hesitant to approach them with material I was unsure about. Training can be a bi overwhelming and confusing, leaving the employee uncomfortable and confused about the work they are doing. I found approaching employees other that my trainer was the key to making it through training. I also was not provided alot of information in regards to my schedule or equipment I would need for work. However, even after I left training and went to my regular shift, I found my fellow employees very helpful in assisting me with tasks and material I was unfamiliar with. Never once have I been scolded for asking a question.

Advice to Management

My only concern would be more attention to training. It is very scattered and random. I feel standardizing the training program would be most beneficial. Management as a whole is very satisfactory, I feel I have leadership without being monitored too closely.

Other Employee Reviews for Sun Products Corporation

1. "Brand Manager"

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time

Pros

Great people and interesting challenging brands to work on

Cons

Under resourced with significant turnover.

Advice to Management

Better resourcing needed

"Not a bad company"

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time

Pros

The salary is within industry standards and the benefits are good. The company seems to recruit and hire high caliber associates.

Cons

Some of the brands are struggling and there doesn't seem to be a long term plan for in place. Feeling of uncertainty because the company is owned by a private equity group.

Advice to Management

I really do not have any advice for management and I am absolutely certain they would not listen if I did.