Sun-Sentinel - My experience was great right up until the point at which my job was eliminated, after 20 years of excellent reviews. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sun-Sentinel

"My experience was great right up until the point at which my job was eliminated, after 20 years of excellent reviews."

I worked at Sun-Sentinel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was great until about 2007. Lots of resources, lots of support, lots of room for creativity and self-motivation. Happiest I've ever been professionally was at the Sun-Sentinel. Then I was tossed from the 10th floor.

Cons

I can't think of a single one, except that my job disappeared. At least I wasn't lonely as I was swept out the door. Two or three hundred other competent journalists were encouraged to find other employment.

Advice to Management

Hire some journalists. Your product is a shadow of what it was even three years ago. it looks like a shopper, not a newspaper, and your remaining journalists are working themselves to death.

Other Employee Reviews for Sun-Sentinel

1. "Press operatoe"

I have been working at Sun-Sentinel full-time

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Very stressful environment to meet deadlines.

2. "Good people with low morale, uninspired leadership and no vision"

I have been working at Sun-Sentinel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people that still work there are good people who work hard, have a good sense of humor and want to do well.
    They are making some changes that seem interesting and are needed in terms of products, how news is presented etc but it seems to be too little too late.

Cons

Leadership does not communicate with staff or even talk to staff. Constant layoffs and good people being let go. Low morale and still no words of inspiration or mission or vision or understanding from management. People seem to be invisible to management. The environment is boring, uninspired, lack luster, and people are fearful of being let go. Employees who have been there for years have no idea how a really good company should be run or what a good company feels like - which is really sad. They accept poor treatment because they don't know any better. Not sure why management even wants to work in such a drab and uncreative environment themselves. No real investment into employees. Building is drab, run down and boring.

Advice to Management

Stop cleaning house and clean up your acts. Be the change. Be dynamic. Be present. Be transparent. Be inspiring. Be understanding. Be in touch. Be creative. Be a part of the team not a part from your teams. Be better and you will get more.