SunEdison - Don't beleive all the haters...this company is dynamic, creative thinking and fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SunEdison

"Don't beleive all the haters...this company is dynamic, creative thinking and fun"

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SunEdison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SunEd is a great company...I was with the org for 3 1/2 years and I can tell there are a lot of "haters" posting. There's no doubt the company has gone through a trying period the last few years, but no different than the solar market as a whole. I can tell you the organization has streamilned (most of the complaints on here I'm sure are from a lot of the dead wood that was let go) and is in a much better place. The leadership are making strides to refine the culture and I can see it daily. We had a lot of growth, both organic and not and the integration with some of the acquisitions could have been better. However, the company is full of bright, caring folks that are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Needs to have better systems + better processes...too many bottlenecks and trust your senior team...not every decision needs to be made by the president

Advice to Management

Stay on top of communicating with your employees...spend money on systems and processes that make sense. Give your managers more rope to make decisions; they are the backbone and are in the know...trust them.

Other Employee Reviews for SunEdison

"Brash, arrogant leadership that chases EVERY opportunity and sinks the ship."

Former Employee - Director in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Belmont, CA

Pros

Strong, respected brand in solar.
    Nice new office in SF.

Cons

Solar is highly volatile industry.
    Astonishingly high turnover.
    Senior leadership has a Euro brashness that really hurts the business and morale.
    Senior leadership did not communicate a HQ move from D.C. to S.F.
    Target bonuses are hard to achieve.

Advice to Management

Focus the business in a few key areas and don't chase everything. In one year you tried to expanded into China, Korea, India, Japan, S. America, and Italy. In the same year you also began to manufacture solar panels, OH and you tried to enter the residential market! OH and you tried to get into energy storage! OH and you acquired three companies! OH and you moved HQ to California (w/o being up-front about it to employees I might add)! . OH and btw the stock price went from $15-$3 in 6 months as you burned through MEMC's cash. So, yes...my advice is to focus just a little bit.

"Worst management team that I've ever had the displeasure of working for."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Belmont, CA

Pros

Good brand in the solar industry

Cons

Horrible IT systems
    Management paralyzed by bad data, fear of keeping their jobs and general incompetence

Advice to Management

Invest in an accounting system that allows you to actually understand and forecast your own business!
    Focus on near-term objectives instead of big ideas 3 years down the road.