SunGard - Probably the worst place I have ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

"Probably the worst place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Newark, NJ
Former Employee - Project Manager in Newark, NJ

Pros

Had the ability to travel internationally to other offices, so I gota few fully paid trips out of them. Some of the people are down to Earth, but the Management fosters a back-stabbing political climate. Very easy hours: 9-5 at the worst.

Cons

Worst Management I have ever seen. A complete lack of concern for the customer. Poor and antiquated technology. Zero opportunity for advancement. Extremely poor compensation and benefits. There was no communication from management about anything. You had to rely on the rumor mill to learn anything. Lousy office environment since they were too cheap to invest in anything.

Advice to Management

These people are so far beyond help.

Other Employee Reviews for SunGard

1. "Work here if you like long hours and low pay checks"

Current Employee - Consultant in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Wayne, PA

Pros

Could not ask for a better group of people to work with.

Cons

Long hours with no compensation. The pay is very low when compared to the industry standards. Many jobs being outsourced to India. No formal training of any kind on any systems used in the day to day job. Many tasks are boring and relate nothing to the business what so ever. Management is often times too busy on the phone to help out thier employees. Spend hours upon hours playing phone tag with other departments and business units.

Advice to Management

Need to learn how to manage people better. Management needs to realize that people have lives outside of work. They also need to start paying people for overtime, comp days just arent going to cut it for the amount of work that people do around here.

2. "You benefit at SunGard if you do the work"

Current Employee - QA Tester in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in San Mateo, CA

Pros

As a long tenured employee if SunGard, I have seen many changes over the years. Overall SunGard is a good place to work. For the most part, the management team has taken the time to develop their skills as managers. I receive regular feedback on how I am performing and what I need to do to receive a promotion. The team I work with at SunGard are all solid performers and are always willing to give you a hand if you get stuck. WE have learned to work as a virtual team which includes employees from all over the world.

Cons

SunGard needs to establish a formal telecommuting policy so all employees are treated fairly.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees farily regardless of location.