SunGard - First few years were the best. But after changes in upper management, things went south. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

"First few years were the best. But after changes in upper management, things went south."

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at SunGard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best parts of my experience was, 1) my co-workers and 2) the contact with our clients and the praise we were given by them for the great customer service our department provided.

Cons

SunGard has a bad habit of cutting staff at quarter end to meet their budget and if you are not on the ark then watch out the waters get choppy.
A lot of smoke and mirrors with SunGard management.

Advice to Management

They should keep the promises they make and really listen to their people on front lines and not the middle managers (and some upper managers) who are out to save themselves and their personal minions.

Other Employee Reviews for SunGard

1. "My experience at SunGard was short but too much reorganization led to layoffs"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Lombard, IL

I worked at SunGard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were talented and skilled in their positions and eager to share their expertise and bringing a new employee up to speed. The technology was mostly up to date and properly managed.

Cons

Upper management was unsure of what direction the company was headed, too many divisions (the result of mergers and acquisitions) made movement in the company difficult.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the company based on industry sectors, merge and sell-off the unprofitable divisions and concentrate the remaining resources on the profitable areas.

"SweatShop"

Current Employee - Tax and Caompliance Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Tax and Caompliance Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SunGard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and great people to work with. Opportunities to learn new things

Cons

No work/life balance. Management will burn you out regardless of telling them that you need a break.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees and boosting employee morale. If your employees work hare give them the compensation and bonues to go along with it. Don't burn out the only good employees you do have. Learn operations and change management. It would be beneficail to ask your staff what are their concerns and work from there.