SunTrust - Challenging | Glassdoor

"Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Pay is good, upper management seems friendly, benfits are good, employees are easy enough to get along with, information gets passed along easy enough

Cons

Office politics cause issues, upper management gets very annoying when goals are not reached, all orders are passed through from Atlanta headquarters what's good for Atlanta may not be good for elsewhere

Advice to Management

Give more authority to local leadership

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

"Good to gain experience but not a career"

Former Employee - Licensed Financial Services Representative in Leland, NC
    Former Employee - Licensed Financial Services Representative in Leland, NC

Pros

Banking hours and holidays are great. It's rare to be asked to work more than 40 hrs per week. There are many required training sessions to attend so you aren't asked to do something before you've learned it. Pay is comparable to other banks in the industry.

Cons

The ability to grow in your career is almost impossible. There are many hoops to jump through and during my career, the economy kept people in their positions so there wasn't any room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize top talent and reward them accordingly to avoid having high turnover. I started this job with the aspirations of making it a career. The lack of a career path is the only reason I left.

2. "Nice place to work but underpaid"

Current Employee - FInancial Services Representative III in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - FInancial Services Representative III in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Mangers are respectful. Great atmosphere. most employees are nice and happy. The company seems to care about its employees. Great info sharing; they really keep us in the loop no matter how low on the totem pole you are.

Cons

The commission is more of a joke then a paycheck and they straight up don't give raises because they're living solid.

Advice to Management

M give advice? I'm the low man in the ranks. I assume the board members and managers are smarter than me and know what we all know. You get what you pay for. You want to pay your employees the same salary as a Walmart cashier? Guess what; you're going to get a Walmart cashier. I'm taking my knowledge and experience elsewhere!