SunTrust - nice place to work on | Glassdoor

"nice place to work on"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saidpur, Rajshahi (Bangladesh)
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saidpur, Rajshahi (Bangladesh)

I worked at SunTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

rapid growth . nice invironment . nice

Cons

hard working guys are better at this place

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. "Great place to work depending on what department you are in."

Former Employee - Business Project Manager
    Former Employee - Business Project Manager

I worked at SunTrust full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SunTrust is just like any other company. Your experience there will depend on your manager's ability to actually manage - the business tasks & the personnel/relational issues. I have seen a lot of positive changes over the past years; they are definitely trying hard to equip their management to be able to truly manage.

Cons

I did not work in the frontline, such as at a branch or in retail banking. I've heard it can be very hard in retail as you are required to not only service customers, but cross-sell as much as you can. If you don't believe the additional products benefit your customers, you will not do well cross-selling. Don't kid yourself, it is a rare person who can sell something they don't actually believe in.

Advice to Management

My first advice is to Mr. Rogers, CEO.
    Mr. Rogers - If you want to reach your goal of reducing your expense base by $300M, but the end of 2013, take a look at your IT department and the desktop/laptop waste that is going on there. If you talk to any of the APEX reps, they will tell you that there are hundreds of PCs/Laptops that are less than 2 months old because management is swapping out PCs for one reason or another too quickly. I'm not joking. You will not believe how many new, unused computers are piled up in the various Ops Centers IT offices.

Secondly, use the Voice of the Teammate (VOT) as it is intended. Stop ignoring or manipulating the results and play by the rules that the consulting company laid down. VOT has identified some folks who should NOT be in management positions. Pay attention to this feedback and either equip them to manage or move them to a non-management position and replace them with someone who can manage.

2. "SunTrust Bank"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at SunTrust full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Increased responsibility without pay doesn't work

Advice to Management

Make salaries more competitive