SunTrust - Not bad for a college student about to graduate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

"Not bad for a college student about to graduate"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very good learning experience

Cons

The work hours were very inflexible

Advice to Management

Need better work hours

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

"SunTrust is the WORST employer I have ever worked for in my 30 years of working!"

Current Employee - Department Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Department Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

That I wasn't forced into mandatory overtime like so many others I know without concern for who would take care of my children while I was doing this overtime.

Cons

This company has no compassion or understanding of the fact that it's employees have lives outside of the office. And PLEASE don't have a sick child.

Advice to Management

Realize that people have lives outside of the office. Everyone isn't fortunate enough to have nannies and baby sitters that can take of their child when they are ill. To receive an "occurrence" and "corrective action" because your child is ill and you can't make it to work is freaking heartless!!!

"Always in a state of "transformation""

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home 3 days per week. Slightly better than average salary. Great coworkers. 6% 401k match - paid semi-monthly (vesting was immediate, now it is 2 years - not too bad). 4 weeks vacation for professional grades. $5,000 annual tuition reimbursement (accredited universities only).

Cons

Every three years SunTrust goes through a "transformation." These transformations lead to uncertainty about working conditions and job prospects. Rarely does it turn in to an opportunity regardless of how aggressive you are. During these transformations top talent jump ship for stable, more interesting / challenging opportunities. Reductions In Force (RIF) occur 3 to 4 times per year.

Advice to Management

Give the transformations a rest - they are disruptive and take you back 3 steps for every one step forward. Focus on culture and your employees. A purpose driven company values individuals and builds relationships with people (and starts internally). RIFs promote uncertainty and fear. Stop cutting benefits. Eliminating the pension and HMO insurance should be enough to save you plenty of money.