SunTrust - Teller at SunTrust | Glassdoor

"Teller at SunTrust"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Bank Teller in Bethesda, MD

I worked at SunTrust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at three different locations. Generally speaking I enjoyed my time there and thought the people were very friendly. SunTrust reimbursed us for any extra driving and provided food at regional meetings, and we got free t shirts in the second year I worked there. and they throw company parties every year. I got vacation time whenever I needed it and an extra week or two was no big deal. Benefits were amazing. they have a generous matched 401k program.

Cons

There were certain things that very seriously annoyed me. For instance, when they can't make their numbers (meet their goals) certain managers will get REALLY pushy and will stress you out and micromanage. But that's only with my first manager. My other manager in Bethesda, Md was much nicer and relaxed. He took a lot of heat from upper management to meet sales goals but didn't pass it on to us. The other thing that annoyed me was how much time they spend in meetings. We had a meeting every Monday. and then we had one the day after holidays and we had one for every new product. and we had one whenever our service scores were low. and we had one sometimes for "emergency situations" I think that the excessive meetings were a response to failing the government's bank stress test but still very inconvenient. and we often had to stay late which didn't bother me, but with people who had kids it was extremely frustrating. The pay was about par to other banks and conservative for the industry.

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. "Review of Private Banking Specialist Position at SunTrust"

Former Employee - Private Banking Specialist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Private Banking Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in Miami FL in private banking and found the workplace to be a nice environment.

Cons

I worked at SunTrust in 2005 out of college and advancement in the company was difficult and pay was low.

2. "Ever Changing without being consistent."

Pros

The people, location and opportunity to move up in the organization.

Cons

A culture of continuous change without addressing the underlying problems.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to motivate the people within the organization. Treat with respect.