SunTrust - SunTrust | Glassdoor

"SunTrust"

Pros

Friendly staff, great people to work with.

Cons

Very product pushy and upper management liked to micro-manage.

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. "No where to move up"

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The hours where the best part of it

Cons

Same routine day in and day out

Advice to Management

More advancement placement for career opportunities for current employees

2. "Roller coaster..."

Current Employee - Branch Manager IV
    Current Employee - Branch Manager IV

I have been working at SunTrust full-time

Pros

Good hours, only some branches are open on Saturdays. Opportunity for advancement and local leadership is supportive and pleasant to work for.

Cons

Have seen this company do a complete 360, used to love working here because the goals were challenging but attainable with hard work and dedication. In recent years there has been such a streamlined focus on retail efficiency and bottom line growth that it has changed my outlook on the company I once knew and loved. Our once challenging goals have tripled and staffing has been cut to bare bones (branches working daily with 3 associates). Incentive's have been reduced drastically making it harder to attract and retain the quality associates we need to function sanely in the environment we've created. The extreme focus on teammate efficiency is not being supported with the technology we need to succeed. Former top performers are barely getting by.

Advice to Management

Provide your teammates with the tools they need to achieve the level of efficiency you desire. Cutting staff alone is only creating a momentary fix for efficiency - you are burning out and loosing GREAT top performing teammates. New platform software is slow and inefficient and better back office support in resolving client issues/research would go a long way. If you want us to function on 1 teller, how about a system where they can both service the client and see what opportunities there are for referrals without having to toggle back and forth through 2 slow systems. The road to efficiency requires more than just cutting staff.