Suncorp - Teleclaims - Brisbane | Glassdoor

"Teleclaims - Brisbane"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Brisbane (Australia)
Former Employee - Team Leader in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

I thought that the work environment was great and as a whole, management worked hard to promote a fair workplace and to achieve good work/life balance. Their principles and commitment to the claims process was excellent.

Cons

Extreme pressure when the call centre was overloaded with calls (in times of disasters). Catastrophe plans weren't the best.
Repetitive work
Their rostering team was awful. Uncaring people.

Advice to Management

Strive to meet employee customer needs a little better

Other Employee Reviews for Suncorp

"Worth a try"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

The opportunity to change the way things are done today is still quite high given the years of following the status quo. As a regional bank, there aren't the same issues as with being with one of Australia's majors. If you really want to get involved - put your hand up as often as you can and odds are you will get an opportunity to do something you'd are interested in.

Cons

Despite their being a number of opportunities; there are still alot of staff who have been here for quite some time and often have trouble adjusting to any kind of change that is attempted.

Advice to Management

Stick with it.

2. "Development Finance"

Current Employee - Property Finance Officer/Analyst
    Current Employee - Property Finance Officer/Analyst

Pros

I have a part-time position because I still study and need time off to attend class so this job is perfect for me. Currently, I work 3 days a week and attend classes the other 2 days. Also, the job is flexible in allowing time off when I need a week before/during exams as long as I make the days up by working full-time during my holidays.

The office is very relaxed in terms of the 8.30 - 5. Sometimes we leave at 4.45 sometimes a little earlier. We never work past 5.

Cons

As always office gossipers and politics. If you work in Brisbane it will be a little friendlier as there are more people.

Regional offices may be hard to get the right training from superiors but again it varies from office to office.

Similar jobs are paying up to $20,000 p.a. more with guaranteed bonuses.

Advice to Management

Senior management should learn to crack down hard and watch for bullying in the office. This makes it hard when one manager is a close personal friend of one of the employees. This is not the case in Brisbane though so I would be pushing harder for a position there.