Sunflower Farmers Markets - It was good | Glassdoor

"It was good"

Former Employee - Maintenance Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Maintenance Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sunflower Farmers Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some good times & the employees are friendly I have some good friends there.

Cons

There seems to be some gossip @ times.

Advice to Management

I liked some managers but others seemed to have attitude.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunflower Farmers Markets

1. "A bright place to work with very knowledgeable people on staff. Very down to earth, friendly service with good food."

Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sunflower Farmers Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Sunflower Farmers Market in Phoenix, Az. Overall the people working there were knowledgeable about real food. The people shopping there also like to share a little about why they eat what they do and it helps build your own knowledge for yourself.

Cons

Worked there for two years and never had much room for advancement or raises as they were too concerned about budget. Ultimately ended up leaving because they were cutting hours and I wasnt getting paid very well.

Advice to Management

Stick to the job. Stop moving people up that are just friends.

2. "SFM is unorganized, cliquey, ill-equipped, and it has an almost purposely overexerting business model."

Current Employee - Produce Clerk
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk

Pros

There are a lot of nice people, flexible for my school, customers are often less rude than that of other grocery stores. Current store management is professional and competent.

Cons

They give you barely enough to work with as far as tools, working space (cramped backroom), double ad on Wednesday is pure insanity. They always hire from outside of the company for manager and assistant manager positions. Picking up the slack of others more often than should be allowed (supervisors). I've had three managers come and go in the course of a year. Ideas to increase productivity are usually shot down. I cannot stand the pretentious attitudes of many supervisor/assistant mangers/head clerks. Tons of micromanagment.

Advice to Management

Give lower end people who deserve it the opportunity to advance, expect more work and less politics from your supervisors and head clerks. Motivate us to want to care by showing us that advancement isn't only attained by knowing someone or finding somebody outside the company. More constructive criticism and recognition for a job well done.