Sungard Availability Services - It's a job but I think I should have moved on long ago. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

"It's a job but I think I should have moved on long ago."

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gain some experience and get a paycheck

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Stop playing games with your loyal emploees

Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services

"They talk the talk unfortunately they cannot walk the walk"

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services (More than a year)

Pros

The people, all my colleagues be they in technical, sales, accounts or admin are extremely dedicated people and are a pleasure to work with and are the reason that existing clients have stayed as clients despite the attitude of upper management to them. The holiday entitlement is about the only part of the package that is above the norm in this industry.

Cons

I think alot of people have mentioned it already, micro management from upper management that paralises everyone else taking the initative and making decisions for themselves out of fear of what the reactions will be.

They have no clear strategy on what they want to achieve long term as an organisation. The targets are extremely short term, in sales you may have been one of the star performers in the past but have a few bad months and your job is under threat. They are extremely miserly with lower than average wages, poor commission structures and penny pinching on expenses.

There is no joined up strategy to the solutions that are offered. They talk as if there is but in reality this is like much of the message from upper management, vapourware!

They spent a lot of money promoting their corporate values at the beginning of the year but in reality upper management have shown that they are more than willing to put those to one side to suit the end result.

Advice to Management

Start to get a proper long term strategy and stop ruining the business by micromanaging it. Listen to your staff and start to offer the solutions that your customers are demanding of you.

2. "Hosting Services and Managed Services lacks skill and execution"

Pros

Simple work. Very little thought required.

Cons

Company lacks focus. Constant management upheaval. Alot of talk and little execution.

Advice to Management

Transparency is important for employee buy in.