Sungard Availability Services - Get everything in writing about you future with this company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

"Get everything in writing about you future with this company."

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really good people and experiences. Given the respect to handle you own time to get the job done.

Cons

Management does not have a clue how to run the place. They promote people into positions that dont have the knowledge or experience which causes lack of quality. Decisions are based on little knowledge. Example hiring from within and not checking with previous managers or reviews for past performance. Management has a lack of respect for eachother and the staff.

Advice to Management

Go back to the standards on how to run a business. The standards include discipline, respect, integrity, caring etc....

Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services

1. "Sungard Technical Support"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Contractor - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a technical support rep from 2007 to 2008. The IT team was knowledgeable IT professionals who helped to mentor and nurture my growth. They were great people to work with. A lot of responsibility was placed within the tech support level in terms of administrating very different systems. It was a good environment to learn a wide variety of skills and the IT managers were great in terms of fostering trust and support for the team.

Cons

I know Sungard has moved to Google mail platform now from Lotus Notes, but Lotus Notes was always a big headache both in terms of speed and the complex password system. Password rest was one of the most common supports calls. In terms of advancements, there really was not clear path for tech support reps which is one of the reasons I left. Also due to management changes, the environment had suffered. As last I had all tech support was outsourced, which I feel was a shame knowing how tech support once functioned.

"Decent Benefits but no room for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are competitive and schedules are great. There is a level of autonomy and dress code is relaxed.

Cons

Policy changes almost daily and without formal documentation. Tools are substandard for a billion dollar company and management turnover is greater than engineer turnover. Promotion is rare as opportunities are scarce. This is due to the shipping of American jobs to India.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and go after it. Look at more successful companies and try to follow some of their examples. Kill the "Follow the sun" approach and bring jobs back to America!