Sungard Availability Services - If in sales stay away; SINKING SHIP! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

"If in sales stay away; SINKING SHIP!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Wayne, PA
Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for cell phone and happy hours.

Cons

Too many to list, have adopted a call center attitude, sales reps. report to three managers. The managers are not in it to help you they are in it for themselves and to build their castles, which was one VP's own statement. The company has cut comp. plans year over year and once strong name in the 90's early 2000's is now a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Advice to senior management be honest with your employees either sell the company like it is rumored to do or start treating your employees like you did in the early 2000's with respect, especially the top reps.

Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services

1. "Up and coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are very talented. Our teams are empowered to self-organize and work together within and across their scrum teams. We're building new products using periodic feedback from our customers who are very excited to see our progress every three weeks.

Cons

There are still some corporate functions that remind you that you work for a big company, and sometimes things in some of these corporate areas take longer to get done than one would like.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going forward.

2. "Good company to work for, but headed in the wrong direction"

Former Contractor - Network Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer I in Houston, TX

I worked at Sungard Availability Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. Team was very intelligent and highly technical. Senior engineers are great mentors to junior engineers. It was a great place to work and learn. If you came in as a junior, you would gain experience at an exponential rate and leave almost a senior. Work from home policy was also very beneficial.

Cons

Company is starting to outsource a lot of work to India. Many US engineers are being replaced, and the trend is only continuing in that direction. Heard of recent layoffs as well.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing to India is not the solution!