Sungard Availability Services - An absolutely atrocious place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

"An absolutely atrocious place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some very good people here and some very smart people here. You get a lot of training in IT because you are forced to learn everything by baptism by fire.

Marginally better than being unemployed.

Cons

There are some extremely difficult people here, and they far outnumber the good ones, and there are a great many people who simple fob their work off on you.

I can't even begin to tell you how atrocious this place is to work at. Hours are very long, rewards and sense of accomplishment are practically nil. They will work you until you are burnt out and they will have no compunction about disposing of you once through.

I know this is likely coming across as a disgruntled employee, and that's OK, I can understand that reaction, but please believe me before coming to work here, it is truly an awful place, the morale is terrible. I have options, I'm taking them. If you have options don't come here.

SunGardAS will be spun off in under 2 years, the business model will defunct in less than 10 years.

Worst place I have ever worked in my entire career.

Advice to Management

None, you wouldn't listen anyway, so why bother.

Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services