Sunrise Senior Living - Unfortunately, it is the worst company I worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Unfortunately, it is the worst company I worked for"

Former Employee - Care Manager in Belmont, CA
Former Employee - Care Manager in Belmont, CA

Pros

Lots of room to grow when you have the chance to restart from that low

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, unpredictable schedule, management ruling by wirting "write-ups" for any reason, just to make sure they can get rid of you whenever they want.

Advice to Management

Learn that you need to show the exemple. Also, in California, you don't need to have a file on everyone to terminate employment - employment is "at will".

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Read reviews if you're looking for a job or a place for parents. Not what is was started out. Changed a lot."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

The residents, and team members make the job. Learning about and taking care of the residents is so rewarding.

Cons

Put you in a new position within the company and don't give you any support, training was there, but not enough support. I had 3 positions within company and they had always given me support, but when I got to the nursing dept they just gave me a couple of days of training and said go for it. Always worried about bottom line and not treating residents with respect.

Advice to Management

When new or visiting people come in from corporate talk to the residents, say Hi introduce yourself! Don't walk through building in your high heels and not even speak to people. It's their HOME not ours. Give support to employees in new positions. Don't just say I gave her/him training and that's all I need to do. Give positive feedback if warranted, give construtive critisim not brow beating in front of other team members. Pay attention to those who are always reporting problems, they may be the problem and want to steer you away from them.

2. "Rewarding career choice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

growth opportunities are available for competent employees

Cons

better comunication is needed by senior leadership