Sunrise Senior Living - Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Pros

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Cons

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

Advice to Management

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

1. "Sunrise is a great place to work for those who want to make a positive difference in the lives of seniors."

Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

If you truly care about seniors and improving their quality of life, Sunrise is a great place to work. The mission statement "To champion quality of life for all seniors" is truly what the company is all about. At the Sunrise where I work, the team members are all very friendly and good at working together, and the management is very approachable and understanding. We all work towards the same goal of providing the best care for our residents. Team members who go above and beyond are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. If you care about seniors, work well with a team, and have a good work ethic, you'll excell at Sunrise.

Cons

It takes a certain type of person to work with the elderly, especially those with alzheimer's or dementia. If you do not have patience, compassion, and a passion for helping seniors, you will not do well at Sunrise. Another downside to working with those who are in the final chapter of their lives is the sorrow when they pass on. You might want to think about how well you would be able to handle that.

2. "There are high expectations for performance, but I feel that I am fairly compensated and recognized for the work I do."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

I find the work exciting. I continue to grow and develop as a professional as our business model has so many facets (quality, care, leadership, real estate, finance, sales, development, to name a few). I have been rewarded with increasing levels of responsibility for work well done.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done, high expectations for performance, and working at headquarters can be stressful. It can be hard to balance work and home life at times.