Sunrise Senior Living - I have felt part of a family committed to strengthening the company mission of championing quality of life for seniors. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"I have felt part of a family committed to strengthening the company mission of championing quality of life for seniors."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Working at the Sunrise Community Support Office provides you with opportunities to work on a variety of interesting projects and initiatives that help you expand your knowledge of (and advance in) your field of expertise. Each team member makes important contributions to his/her team and helps support Sunrise communities and team members. In my experience, other team members are friendly and helpful and make coming to work feel like being part of a family.

Cons

With the ability to work on a wide range of interesting projects comes the understanding that workloads can often be large. However, my experience has shown that managers do their best to support, accommodate or balance any concerns around workload as possible.

Advice to Management

The family feel of working at Sunrise is a strength that should be promoted as much as possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Pros

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Cons

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

Advice to Management

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

2. "Sunrise is a great place to work for those who want to make a positive difference in the lives of seniors."

Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

If you truly care about seniors and improving their quality of life, Sunrise is a great place to work. The mission statement "To champion quality of life for all seniors" is truly what the company is all about. At the Sunrise where I work, the team members are all very friendly and good at working together, and the management is very approachable and understanding. We all work towards the same goal of providing the best care for our residents. Team members who go above and beyond are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. If you care about seniors, work well with a team, and have a good work ethic, you'll excell at Sunrise.

Cons

It takes a certain type of person to work with the elderly, especially those with alzheimer's or dementia. If you do not have patience, compassion, and a passion for helping seniors, you will not do well at Sunrise. Another downside to working with those who are in the final chapter of their lives is the sorrow when they pass on. You might want to think about how well you would be able to handle that.