Sunrise Senior Living - Finally found where I always belonged | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Finally found where I always belonged"

Current Employee - Health Care Coordinator
Current Employee - Health Care Coordinator

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was a home health nurse that went into different communities and saw patients. I walked into Sunrise and thought "Wow, someone finally got it right"! The way that Sunrise looks at senior care was new and different than anything that I had seen before. They treated their resident's with respect and dignity, letting the resident dictate how they wanted to b cared for. I thought "I have to be part of this" so I applied for the next open position and got it! That was in 2007. I can't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

It takes a special person to work in end of life care. As a Sunrise employee you are asked to become part of your resident's family; to love them and when they pass away it is very difficult. But, knowing that I made the end of their life the best that it could possibly be means the world to me!

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

1. "It has been a wonderful change and a very positive environment to work in."

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Corporate "management team" lead by example. They project truly caring attitudes for our senior living population and I believe want to do what is best for both our residents and our staff.

Cons

As with any large corporate structure, there is red tape and obstacles at time. Policies, etc. come out and ALL team members must be covered immediately, even though it may be as a result of 1 issue at a Community 2000 miles away. As with any business, Sunrise scrambles to reduce potential liability, while putting the bulk of the work on individual communities.

Advice to Management

Spend a day or 2 in 1 Community, at least once a year, just shadowing staff to see/remember what the reality is.

2. "A company that provides beautiful surroundings for its residents, employs caring, hard working staff.....but not enough"

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a really dedicated team who strived to provide the best care they could to elderly residents.
    Lovely surroundings to work in
    Competitive salary

Cons

Expected to work long hours.
    Lack of training, had to "learn on the job"
    Not enough staff to deliver the "whole home approach" resulting in complaints from residents and their families

Advice to Management

Senior management need to spend a day working along side "front line" staff to appreciate the challenges they are faced with