Sunrise Senior Living - I come to work and am surrounded by people I love. What a great investment of my time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"I come to work and am surrounded by people I love. What a great investment of my time."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Executive Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my position at Sunrise, I have found a job that is not only meaningful but also challenging. Everyday is new wiht new challenges to confront and joys to share. People who work in this industry generally have a lot of passion and heart, and I love sharing my working days with them. The residents enrich my life, and I consider it an honor to share this stage of their life with them.

Cons

Working in this field means constantly enduring loss. It is difficult losing people to a disease process for which we have no cure. It is sometimes challenging pleasing residents, families and the company all at the same time.

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose sight of the mission or founding principles. They are what make Sunrise unique and great.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Horribly negligent toward their residents and employees"

Former Employee - Care Manager in Smithtown, NY
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Smithtown, NY

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice opportunity to help an age group that is in such need.

Cons

There is no screening process for people who want to move in at all, and severe psychiatric cases as well as gravely disabled people are accepted into residency without staff being informed or trained to be able to care for them. The only worries Sunrise seems to have are about money, employees get no bonuses and insultingly small raises each year that add up to pennies extra per hour.

Advice to Management

Try to remember that you are in this line of work because you are supposed to care about people.

"It's been interesting"

Current Employee - DCR in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - DCR in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet a lot of great people and learn so much about Assisted Living, LTC, and Skilled Nursing House

Cons

They talk out of both sides of their neck.