Sunrise Senior Living - Very Disappointed | Glassdoor

"Very Disappointed"

Current Employee - Salaried Employee in Golden Valley, MN
Current Employee - Salaried Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Seniors and their families that put their trust in you. Also, there are some very good employees that are hard working with caring hearts.

Cons

Management is not aware of what is lacking in the community. They are focusing on the wrong people. Things continually go downhill. Short staffed and some of the employees that work there- should not be there-- they don't care about the residents and are dishonest. Very bad morale and high turnover. Poorly managed with no direction for improvement. I would not recommend a loved one to live there. No life work balance for salaried employees. High burnout among all.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to know that there is no leadership there and all aspects of what we claim we provide are falling short. Very poor communication throughout the community and morale is at an all time low. Understaffed and underpaid. Lacks in cleanliness, good food, good care, nurses on staff, families of residents are unhappy and no longer sending their friends and family members our way. Neither do employees. What does that say?? When employees suggest improvements or make management aware of things that are unacceptable, they are reprimanded. When upper management is planning on visiting the community, why don't you surprise us instead of giving the staff a advance notice? These visits are prepared for well in advance and you do not see the true state of things day to day. Spring visits on the community and get a look for yourself. What a shame. It used to be a very nice place with a good reputation.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Unbelieveable"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to choose the activities to do with the reseidents

Cons

A lot of drama!!! They choose to keep the Care Managers who don't do nothing but sit around and stir up drama. They preach they want people to trust them but they don't trust the ones who work hard. Way too many politics involved in this place. The pay sucks! A lot of chores and BS for little pay!

"The senior management is the worst."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice. Residents are demanding and self centered with a few exceptions.

Cons

Senior management changes like the seasons, so does the staff. The pay is low for what is expected of you. I was a coordinator and did not receive the proper tools to perform my duties, ie, short staffed all the time, no help with activities or dining services, or short staffed with care managers so we are stressed and over worked. Care managers were always short and slow to respond to residents. Some residents wait up,to 45 - 60 mins. Waiting for help,in the bathroom. The food is also a big issue. The cook always says it will get better, but it never does. The people are on low sodium diets but the kitchen does not cook special foods. It's all the same for everyone. The best thing is the grilled cheese. Supposed to be to notch. I wouldn't put my dog here, let alone my parents.

Advice to Management

The management is 2 faced and not steady. They bring new ED's from other communities who change all the coordinators and upset the residents, and then nothing gets better. Way too much change over in Depts. as well. Management is not friendly to residents or family members as well.