Sunrise Senior Living - For the most part, my time at Sunrise was nice | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"For the most part, my time at Sunrise was nice"

Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator
Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team was much stronger than when i inherited them from my predecessor. The core management team was pretty strong.

Cons

The company does not have a plan in place for being shorthanded in care. As a company, Sunrise should look into fast filling temp services that are "on call" to meet the demanding needs of its residents. Moral in many locations is an issue too. Turnover in ever level is waaaaaay too high.

Advice to Management

I understand that med passers may become a thing of the past and to be left with the nurses to do. BAD BAD MOVE Sunrise or RHEI or whatever you are now. Also, when you have qualified employees who are ready to move into coordinator positions, why look outside? Fail.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

1. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive Regional Staff, Great philosophy and regional staff on down really believe in and support the philosophy.

Cons

They sold alot of their properties to other companies.

2. "Sunrise Senior Living"

Current Employee - Care Manager- AVC-Activities Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
    Current Employee - Care Manager- AVC-Activities Volunteer Coordinator Assistant

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents and their unique stories

Cons

Sunrise operates on a shortage of staff. Sunrise pays below the average for the cost of living in the areas it operate in. Sunirse offers no benefits to most of their employees who are in direct care roles and are required to risk their backs everyday. Sunrise does not train their employees on fire safety before they pull unexpected fire alarms on the elderly and the staff. Executve director asks the driver to take residents out into the community without an assistant to watch over the residents whiel he parks the bus blocks away.

Advice to Management

The company needs to make better business decisions to actucally care for the residents and staff.