Sunrise Senior Living - Hit and Miss | Glassdoor

"Hit and Miss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poland, OH

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sunrise does promote within; I count 5 internal promotions at this location during my two years of work. Working closely in a small group of team members promotes a sense of unification.

Cons

The requests of higher management are at times wildly unrealistic and frequently cannot be accomplished. Staffing is a sticky situation; At my location most departments are constantly understaffed.

Advice to Management

Understanding sensible and practical ideas of what can be achieved or expected by team members could greatly impact this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Awful Management"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the time to get to know each one of the residents and their families very well. You also get to do activities of your choice with them. It is a very clean facility and the Care Managers are very sweet and helpful.

Cons

Management has snitches on staff that they believe no matter what they say. They play favoritism a lot. Management will let one person break a rule but then reprimand someone else for the same thing. Their is no confidentiality. You can go to your coordinator about a problem with another care manager. The coordinator will tell that other person you were the one to complain. They also make up rules as they go, depending on their moods. None of the coordinators like conflict, so they will tell you what you want to hear but never fix the problem. They do not stand behind their staff either.

Advice to Management

Shape up! Get your act together or there will be no employees left!

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013 – Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

"Beautiful community"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful residents and supporting families. The community is beautiful and is getting better. Many employees are great team members.

Cons

Management does not seem to know who is doing their job and who is not. They are easily fooled or don't care enough to do anything about it. They spend too much time on the PC utilizing outdated programs to try and track information rather than on the floor coaching employees. Too much documentation is done in writing and not electronically. Outdated technology.

Advice to Management

Walk the floor throughout the day, pm and come unannounced at night. Know your employees and their true work ethic. Support those who are doing their jobs. Get rid of those who are not and hire team players who love working with senior citizens.