Sunrise Senior Living - ALC | Glassdoor

"ALC"

Pros

Was easy to move up under the right management.

Cons

Tend to clean out entire staff when they let people go.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Will never return"

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents will change your life. Everything positive about any job at Sunrise concerns the wonderful people who live there.

Cons

I worked at Sunrise for years and at many locations. When I began with the company it was more resident-centered and upper management really cared about nurturing their employees and keeping them in the company. When I left it was because I was heart-broken by the way I was treated, the way my staff and fellow employees were treated, and I no longer felt the care was resident centered. I felt decisions were made based on census and what was financially better for the company. Employees are no longer valued at Sunrise, and the people now running the company are money hungry corporate business men and who see Sunrise as a way to nickle and dime their clients and persecute their employees. There are so many wonderful senior facilities to work at that truly care about their residents and staff. Please consider all options before working for Sunrise. Upper management has become slime car salesmen ever since the original owners stepped down.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013 – Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

2. "Bad treatment of employees means bad treatment of residents."

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents are wonderful, warm and very appreciative.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!!!! The turn over is one of the highest at Sunrise all due to the management. The employees are treated horribly. The pay is bad, and the way we are treated is bad, which trickles down to how the residents are treated. No one smiles, because no one is happy. I have never worked in a place where employees are treated so bad.

Advice to Management

Need to get people in there that care. The pay needs to be better so employees can feel like they are worth something.