Sunrise Senior Living - Management is horrible! Majority of caretakers and med-techs are priceless. Sunrises principles are admirable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

"Management is horrible! Majority of caretakers and med-techs are priceless. Sunrises principles are admirable."

Former Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residence! I loved the residence I worked with and they loved me in return. They will always remain in my heart. I so respected the families that were actively involved with their loved ones lives. I will always remember those coworkers that went above and beyond to care for residence who can not take care of themselves. Those workers are priceless and deserve to be treated with respect and to be compensated. No one will care for your loved one like those that I knew.

Cons

Management could care less of their employees. I took the job because I was impressed with the respect and care that the front end staff took care of the residence. Management plays favorites and takes away hours from wonderful employees and promotes the staff that does nothing. One employee sat all day and read on her IPad, was texting, or watching TV. One bad apple but she tormented the other employees who felt they could not defend themselves for fear of their job. I left because my hours were cut to accommodate the managers favorite who was loosing her job. Many others hours were cut who were did not fit in with the cliche. I did not mention that when I left I found I was not paid all of my wadges. Neither management nor corporate are willing to take care of this matter which I have been pursuing for going on three months now.

Advice to Management

Promotion had less to do with the quality of work but how good friends you are with the manager. If you were not in their particular group you have no hope. No chance to move up in mine location. Stop promoting employees with bad behavior just because you happen to be in the same class. Treat people fair even if they are of difference cultures and nationalities. Hire managers who are management material. Corporate needs to be more diligent and do secret assessments especially in the reminiscence ward. Arlington management horrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

1. "LVN and med care manager"

Current Employee - LVN in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get knowledge,get opportunity to learn new things or work in different way.

Cons

when clent refuse to take meds.

2. "Cook"

Current Employee - Cook in Wilmette, IL
    Current Employee - Cook in Wilmette, IL

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, kind, calm working community.

Cons

Long training, but it's worth it!