KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

sunrise

Aug 3, 2021 - CNA?CHHA in Browns Mills, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

vacation, personal days and holiday pay. Pleasant environment.

Cons

none that comes to mind

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 29, 2021 - N/A in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heavy volume of complex work while maintaining focus on mission

Cons

Can be difficult to keep up with volume

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

High Demands Low Support

Nov 16, 2021 - Director of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sunrise has a lot of training and resources for its staff across the board. The pay is good but not quite good enough to make up for the fact that you work 24/7. There are also lots of opportunities for promotions and I held several positions over my time with the company.

Cons

There are very high expectations of what a DOS is able to accomplish with their time--and depending on the building, you may have no staff support to help you achieve all these tasks. As a DOS for two years, I worked nearly every day unless I was on vacation. That means weekends, nights, holidays, all year round. Setting up personal boundaries isnt an option unless you have a supportive ED or ADOS. Families need you at all hours and you want the sale because its a tough market and your ED/regional director/team overall is counting on you, so you do whatever you can to help the family and make the move in happen. Overall, its a great for someone with a lot of energy and doesnt mind working all the time, which admittedly was me for a couple years til I burned out.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Sunrise Senior Living.