Sunrun - Incredible journey thus far. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrun

"Incredible journey thus far."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sunrun full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We’re doing the single most important thing we could be doing – transforming one of society’s most basic resources: energy.

Cons

We are rapidly growing, policies, processes and procedures are still being developed. This type of environment is not for everyone. Must have an internal drive and an appetite for success.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for Sunrun

"great work experience"

Former Intern - Accounting/Finance Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Accounting/Finance Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sunrun as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly people, great location, good product

Cons

none that I can think, but I had a temporary intern position so I did not really get a long term feel the company

Advice to Management

as always, stay grounded with your employees

"Enormous Market + Growing Business = Opportunity for Career Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sunrun full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sunrun's goals are unusually bold, even for a Silicon Valley tech startup: Sunrun is re-inventing a fundamental consumer experience (residential electric service) and thereby bringing competition to an industry that previously has had none.

With goals this big (creating not only a product, but a new product category and a new market), there is a ton of meaningful work to do at the company. Every department, from accounting to engineering, is pushing on the boundaries of their respective fields. In fact, there is more work at Sunrun than there are people to do it.

For an employee, this means 1) opportunity for learning and career advancement, 2) a culture that values judgement, particularly when setting priorities, 3) a meritocracy that rewards employees who get stuff done and 4) a work environment where your fellow employees are genuinely excited because they are working on meaningful problems.

Cons

Sunrun is a small company with huge goals and challenges. Unsurprisingly, this means that many things at the company are in flux.

If you are the type that wants to grab an undefined project or process and solve it, you will do well. If you are the type that needs pre-existing structure and processes to succeed, you could struggle in the fast-paced startup environment at the company.