Sunrun - Lots of hardwork but fun and rewarding | Glassdoor

"Lots of hardwork but fun and rewarding"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sunrun full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working to change the world and the way people buy power, leadership is focused and working on the right tasks and objectives, profitable. The company values are ideal; they want their employees to be happy and committed for the long haul.

Cons

It is the solar industry and part of the solar coaster. Products and policies are constantly changing and it is an ever evolving company. That is part of what makes it fun, but it is challenging to stay ahead and motivated at times. Leadership is constantly pushing for more sales, more kW installed, work harder and faster for less benefits. Financial compensation could be better.

Advice to Management

Work-Life balance is very important. Recognize when people have done a great job and compensate them fairly.

Sunrun2014-10-30
  1. "Great place to grow along side a rapidly growing company."

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sunrun full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Badass female CEO, very smart people, a ton of passion. Please work hard here, typically for a cause they believe in.

Cons

Sunrun has grown very quickly since 2011. That opens a lot of room for opportunity, along with room to slip through the cracks. I've been here for 6 years - the people I've seen succeed are those that are not afraid to raise their hands and ask for more. Those who would prefer to be noticed rather than speaking up may not grow as quickly as they'd like here, and historically have ended up leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to push management to take a personal interest in each of their team members. Not all of us are great at speaking about our accomplishments. Public rewards and attention from management help us feel recognized and valued.

Sunrun2019-05-17
  2. "Great company with great managers"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Centennial, CO

I worked at Sunrun full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Sunrun is the #1 residential solar company in the USA. Sunrun takes care of its employees and hires within.

Cons

No cons as far I saw

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Sunrun2019-05-10

Discover more reviews about Sunrun.