Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Goood

Dec 16, 2020 - Quality Assurance in Findlay, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good and very Good... Good

Cons

More activities for the employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Best to work

Dec 3, 2020 - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly and passionate about games. Never treated me as just "an intern", and always provided me with support whenever I needed. My project was meaningful, and I learned a lot from the experience.

Cons

No complaints. Internship was an amazing experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It sounds too good to be true. (but it is)

Oct 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Independence can be very empowering. What would you do if you could affect anything? Colleagues feel authentically motivated by the company culture, because it affects their day to day operations and they're continually empowered by it. I feel like my colleagues genuinely care for my well being, like we're in it together. With 5 offices, and the ability to travel to and meet colleagues of very different cultural backgrounds, you're exposed to a diverse POV which is refreshing. Many colleagues change their role to fit what they're the most passionate about, what they think creates the most impact, and to adjust to ever changing needs when the company pivots or the market changes. The opportunity for lateral movement and actually seeing it happen reinforces the independence culture. We share our failures (even rebranding them as 'learnings') and we actually celebrate our learnings with champagne. The perks are just unheard of. You'll hear about them in the interview. They're totally true. Our CEO is very humble, personable, listens, and will make time for you.

Cons

Independence can feel very scary. When nobody is telling you what to do, what would you do? The culture is so unlike most corporate structures that it can feel like you're in a foreign country for the first time. It requires a lot of reprogramming and buying into the mindset, which takes a lot of adjusting to the cultures that had influenced and incentivized previous behavior (at previous companies). Diversity is sought, but it sometimes doesn't feel like it in some internal teams. Albeit sometimes it can be unavoidable, but it's being addressed by teams asking for input and management actively engaged in the issue. The most negative way to say you need to buy into company culture is to 'drink the cool aid'. You do need to buy into the culture, and that takes effort. In this case I think it's safe to drink this cool aid. So in a roundabout cons section comment it can be somewhat cult-like. I can easily see from the outside that it can be perceived as that. [that's why the title is "It sounds too good to be true (but it is)"] Communicating with 5 different company branches and across multiple cultures can be challenging, as it amplifies miscommunication. With so many options to choose from, but finite time to execute, it really is tough to learn to focus on what'll be impactful, especially since sometimes it is hard to measure impact. If you're the type who wants to know what your next 5 years will be like, I don't recommend this company. The company itself feels both stable and dynamic (depends on the role(s) you choose). Adventure awaits. If you're the type who thrives only under direction but are paralyzed when all of a sudden being given many choices, this isn't a good place for you to succeed. If you are afraid to fail, you may find it challenging to adapt here. This is not an 'easy' place to work.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful

Supercell Response

Recruitment Content

Thank you for the elaborate text!

Discover more reviews about Supercell.