Supercuts - great for a beginner or part time stylist; not lucrative if you are more experienced | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Supercuts

"great for a beginner or part time stylist; not lucrative if you are more experienced"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Supercuts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

no hairdressers with attitudes; down-to-earth; you can be as busy as you want to be; low stress

Cons

hourly pay and tips are low; many students and children as clients

Advice to Management

to retain more experienced stylists (and talented stylists), there should be some better method strategy for compensation. the yearly salary is capped, really.

Other Employee Reviews for Supercuts

1. "review for others who wants to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

I worked at Supercuts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

entry level work for students

Cons

many problems at the store

Advice to Management

listen more

2. "Bittersweet..."

Former Employee - Stylist in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Stylist in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Supercuts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed paycheck, though it's usually minimum wage plus tips
    They provide everything except your shears/thinning shears
    Will help pay back student loans
    Health insurance available, however the quality is questionable
    No clientele needed, it's a great place to start because of the walk ins
    Paid training- hair cutting and hair color
    Free product samples when a new line comes to the store
    Great place to start out, but frustration sets in quickly.

Cons

Minimum wage
    Depending on who your area supervisor is, rules may be different (mandatory weekends at my store but not all stores). A lot of my complaints were specific to my location, not necessarily all supercuts stores.
    Sometimes expected to travel out of your way to cover shifts at other stores
    Unwanted transfer to stores that are short staffed
    Poor scheduling on my manager's part (every shift I worked was a closing shift, no midshifts or morning shifts for me (because my manager took them all) and I was also scheduled to work 6 days in a row (Thurs-Mon) every week.
    My store was so slow that some days I did as few as 1 haircut in a 4 hour shift, 5 cuts in a 6 hour shift, etc. It was usually not worth my time to come in. I got called off a lot because how slow it was, so in addition to not making good tips, my paycheck was short from the hours that were cut.
    Bad reputation- this also contributed to the slowness of the store I was transferred to. The stylists that used to work there (they were all fired) were doing terrible haircuts and acted unprofessional. We're in a busy area with lots of other salons (even other Supercuts and Regis owned stores) in close proximity to choose from. They lost a lot of customers due to their poor quality work and lack of professionalism. To this day I believe we are slow because people have options and started going elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Make sure if you're in a managerial position that you actually want to be a manager.
    Don't look at your employees as haircutting machines. We are people with outside lives. We are licensed professionals that paid a lot and worked hard for this education, license, and title.