Supercuts - A good starter job | Glassdoor

"A good starter job"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Hair Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Supercuts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent hours, base pay, commission on all you sell and do (althought it's small)

Cons

Base pay should be more than $8 an hour for a licensed position. Particularly with how many haircuts we do some days. I may only do 5 haircuts on Tuesday but I'll probably do 15 on Saturday. And because Tuesday was so slow, our "sliding scale" hourly pay is pretty difficult to move up on.

Advice to Management

Gossip needs to stop. Stylists opinions should be taken more seriously and professionally rather than personally. Upper management (out of store) should take more time to praise than to constantly micro manage and scrutinize.

Other Employee Reviews for Supercuts

"Stagnant"

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Stylist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager/Stylist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Supercuts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Initial training is a great especially straight out if school.... Built in clientele....job security...more than minimum wage including tips. Dental...Wonderful customers.

Cons

Feeling stagnant..With my franchisee Advanced education is nearly nonexistent...same thing over and over... With this industry the advanced education are endless but my company seems to want to limit our talents and keep it simple so we master what we know. Sliding scale for pay rate to increase based on production and product sales but never seem to achieve them. No pay raise and benefits are very limited....feeling very unappreciated since being a devoted employee for years... I have lost my passion for hair and I am ready for a change

Advice to Management

Start some noticeable changes better incentives....make stylist feel more appreciated rather than replaceable..set schedules (within reason )would be great since many of us have families. Advances in education to inspire and open up our minds to the hair world out there...tired of learning from YouTube .

2. "Terrible environment"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Supercuts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training and steady pay are the only pros. The other staff were nice but most of them just out of school and in need of more training.

Cons

Very hard to work for a franchisee that knows nothing about the industry and micro manages the manager. The confusion about what's going on within the salon is stressful.