Supercuts - A good starter job | Glassdoor

"A good starter job"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Hair Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Supercuts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent hours, base pay, commission on all you sell and do (althought it's small)

Cons

Base pay should be more than $8 an hour for a licensed position. Particularly with how many haircuts we do some days. I may only do 5 haircuts on Tuesday but I'll probably do 15 on Saturday. And because Tuesday was so slow, our "sliding scale" hourly pay is pretty difficult to move up on.

Advice to Management

Gossip needs to stop. Stylists opinions should be taken more seriously and professionally rather than personally. Upper management (out of store) should take more time to praise than to constantly micro manage and scrutinize.

Other Employee Reviews for Supercuts

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Hairstylist in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Supercuts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Other then that everything is whack and if you work your butt off here you my as well work at a fast-food they probably pay better.

Cons

When I got hired I was happy. I even turn ulta down for their Job position. I was also told that if I ever moved transfer will be easy process. LIES!! They let me go after I told them I have to move. I tried contacting the manager who told me to let her know where I am moving to and they will try to help me find a placement there. After they lure me in to sign my resignation letter I try to contact the manager again after I found out and she totally ignore me. I am not mad I'm feel kind of relief they let me go because with the amount of money they pay hourly 9$$ to stand all day hella NO! is not even worth me working for them. The place seems like a JOKE! Definitely not for me. THEY WILL WORK YOU LIKE A MACHINE. ALL YOU ARE TO THEM IS JUST ANOTHER ROBOT. They will replace you at anytime especially because there is so much newbies who are desperate for experience.

Advice to Management

PLEASE Handle situation more professionally next time when it comes to your employee. They are the people that make supercut what it is at least respect them a little.

2. "Hit and miss if you have a good job."

I have been working at Supercuts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I happened to get hired in a good salon where everyone gets along. It's pretty easy, low stress, and laid back for the most part. It is a christian franchisee, and they are family oriented for the most part. There is always opportunities to grow, and there is always paid training.

Cons

First of all, you don't get $9 or $10 an hour. Only after 60 days of work and only if you work 38-40+ hours, which is hard to come by. Second of all, good luck requesting time off and actually getting time off. I had a schedule made for over a month in advance but they didn't let me know until 3 days before that it was "red zoned" and I couldn't go. Every other week is a "red zone", and they have too many scheduling conflicts. Third, you will NEVER have a holiday or weekend off except for Christmas, thanksgiving, and new years day off. Again, red zones. Good luck getting any time to spend with your families. They're a christian, family oriented franchisee, but they want supercuts to come first out of everything in your life. Fourth, they expect you to pick up shifts on days off and scheduled time offs. And lastly, they expect the worse out of everyone. I understand they've been screwed over a lot by former employees, however I think their turnover would be a lot smaller if they didn't treat everyone like they're thieving, lazy, cheating employees who walk out

Advice to Management

Allow more time off during holidays, and expect the best out of people instead of the worse.

Also, black, white, and gray dress code is AWEFUL.