Superdrug - Ok for part time work | Glassdoor
  1. "Ok for part time work"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at Superdrug part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Generally a friendly place to work -Decent staff discount and also for family/friends -Shifts were short (4hrs) which suited me as a student -Perks like staff competitions/prize draws (I won a few vouchers and hampers) -Was fun around Christmas time when employees would dress up etc. -Some overtime available if needed -I enjoyed serving regular customers who would recognise me and have a... chat -Opportunities to work your way up if that's what you wanted -Recognition for hitting sales targets/selling lots of Star Buys etc.

Cons

-I was always the youngest employee in the store during my two years at Superdrug (started when I was 16) so I was often treated differently because of my age even though I felt more mature than half of the people I worked with - Working on New Year's Day (not every Superdrug is open but mine was) - we were the only shop on the street that was open so there were little to no customers all day - Managers changing... my shifts without informing me then wondering why I wasn't at work -Pay is low and there are no bonuses, even when working bank holidays -Could get quite boring, particularly on Sundays when the shop was quiet -Managers definitely had their favourites and would let them get away with things like not wearing the correct uniform etc. - something I would get told off for if I did the same -Had to ask customers an excessive amount of questions at the till which did not always go down well

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally and advise employees as soon as possible about changes to shifts.

Superdrug2019-09-18

"Awful."

Former Employee - Management in North Wales, PA

I worked at Superdrug full-time

Pros

Seeing familiar faces of customers who regularly come in. Some members of staff are really nice to work with there

Cons

BULLY tactics from all angles. No support whatsoever. Absolutely no thank you for hard work, the praise seems to go to the ones who are work shy but can talk the talk when challenged. Unfair expectations. Managers have an AWFUL and unfair attitude towards their staff, beyond unprofessional. Going home in tears , VERY degrading and uncomfortable place to work. Made to feel at fault for everything that goes wrong.

Advice to Management

Stop bullying and harassing your staff. When seeking advice from HR even they don’t help you. You literally have no support. Train your management how to treat people better rather than use bullying and intimidating behaviour!!

Superdrug2017-12-10
  2. "Really good"

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor

I have been working at Superdrug part-time

Pros

Staff are lovely, nice environment to be in.

Cons

Non that I know of

Superdrug2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Superdrug.