Cover image for Superdry

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

No real incentive to work here

Aug 9, 2018 - Floor Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stores are pretty cool. Refit and refurbs making the stores look even cooler. Music In Store is enjoyable. Good hours if your part-time and young and still live with your parents, some managers useful to help you progress, to progress to floor manager role if full time and willing can happen but expect a lot of drawbacks and rejection really need to work for it, training (playing to win) and dryve and sometimes SAS are good, uniform allowance is decent... most seasonal employees are kept on. More laid back than other retail stores, I’d say superdry genuinely give amazing customer service and make their staff great salespeople. Other companies do not do this training. Cross training in stockroom also helpful.

Cons

Worked for Superdry as part time Sales then full time sales now supervisor ((floor manager)) and it’s hard to go any further as you don’t get many Assistant management roles, floor managers are treated like management but for a fraction of the pay, support from upper management is not there. Being salaried means constantly underpaid, work extra for time back you never get. Other managers can be bullies and clique with some staff leaving others out. All in all Unprofessional environment. Superdry keep changing its mission statement. Now it is not like this, Used to love the company when I joined, was fun, good pay for young people and defs put the employee first, now young staff are underpaid if the aren’t 25 or on hero, and stores not given a good budget. To be budgeted on hero is difficult for staff who might only be in once or twice a week but are running around acting like mini supervisors is a joke especially when a full time staff is paid to be a training ambassador and do feck all. The sas training can be all read, games prompted by managers, seems unfair. I really feel for the part time staff who are paid a poxy 7.50 an hour better than some places but still not good enough when they’re encouraged to come early to be briefed and always stay late, I’m meant to work 37.5hrs a week, by the time I do everything it’s probs that I work 42 hours, same with most management. Also rarely get a 12 hours BY LAW break between shifts, can be in at 11pm at Xmas and back in next day at 7am. Feel like your are constantly chucked a new catchphrase. What even is a global digital brand .... my Superdry, Real training, Timothy Everest, SAS Training, Studio clothing, Winter the Event and Summer now Sale, Idris, Superdry Sounds, Audio 1.... all things that have flopped it still going but not as well as hoped.... will Supercharged, 5.0 Plan, whatever else be the same ....

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Nov 13, 2022 - Brand Lead in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

What they stand for they stay true to. Team is friendly and gets along like a family. Amazing atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is a little low compared to other jobs.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Superdry Review

Oct 9, 2022 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice benefits like free clothes, they allowed us a budget to get snacks for the break room

Cons

Not many I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Superdry.

Superdry Photos

+ Add Photo
Superdry photo of: The Superdry Store (Photo thanks to Geograph user Thomas Nugent, Some Rights Reserved)
Superdry photo of: Bluewater Shopping Centre, Greenhithe (Photo thanks to Geograph user Pam Fray, Some Rights Reserved)
Superdry photo of: Superdry Store - The Headrow (Photo thanks to Geograph user Betty Longbottom, Some Rights Reserved)
Superdry photo of: In Store