Supermedia - Good gig if you're under 30 or never worked in Sales. If not, run in the other direction - quickly!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

"Good gig if you're under 30 or never worked in Sales. If not, run in the other direction - quickly!!!!"

Former Employee - Outside Media Sales in Marlton, NJ
Former Employee - Outside Media Sales in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Supermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good health benefits from day 1
- 8 week training salary in addition to your regular salary
- Good mileage reimbursement

Cons

- The kings of micro-managing. You will be monitored every hour of the day. You will have team meetings EVERY day, regardless of where you commute from and what territory you're covering.
- Most of the managers are in desperate need of management training program.
- Majority of the customers hate the company, and a quite a few will do anything to avoid meeting with you at renewal time (how's that for customer relations?!?)
- Bloated income expectations (you'll hear all about the the reps who make $100k plus (Don't believe the hype, as that is less than 20% company wide and most of them have been there over a decade)
- Paperwork and systems are horrendous. I've been in Sales for 20+ years and never worked for a company with such horrible back office systems.
- Admin support is hit or miss.
- If you believe nothing I say, do your homework. Read the news, connect with employees on Linked In or Facebook. Caveat emptor!

Advice to Management

none - they're not going anywhere and most could care less

Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia

1. "Overall OK. Not great in 2011"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Supermedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IT shop has a lot of highly skilled and motivated employees

Cons

Silos were strong when I worked there. Lots of changes have happened since I left, so culture could be very different.

"Awful- not what I was told in the interview! Don't accept the Job if given the opportunity."

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Supermedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

learned a lot about the industry in a short time to advance my career outside SM.

Cons

Poor Management
    Awful Product
    Terrible Customer Service/Back office
    No support from management
    They hired 25+ people in Feb 2012 and by Aug 2012 only 5 were left. They either fired people or people left the company. Some didn't even have another job lined up- they had to get out though!

Advice to Management

Improve the product! Add more social media and pay your MC more than below average starting salary in their area. SM has a bad name and not only will people buy from you but you're not even paying your MC's a good salary.