Supermedia - Loved my co-workers, that's about it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Supermedia

"Loved my co-workers, that's about it."

Former Contractor - PPC Analyst in Irving, TX
Former Contractor - PPC Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Supermedia as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There wasn't much micromanagement, so I could do my job at ease and it made things more fun. I met so many people there that I am still friends with to this day. Dress is business casual and you had options with the hours you worked. Mainly the amount of great people I became close with is all I can say was good about this company.

Cons

People in upper management didn't know half the things I did or many of their employees under them. I was a contractor for 2 years and never was approached about being hired on, but the amount of work they gave me increased, pay did not, and a the possibility I could be let go hovered over my head all the time. The way clients were treated was just sad. New products promised clients things we could not provide, then I was left explaining to angry callers why we promised them something they are not receiving, oh and they could not cancel their contract. Also be prepared to work, even when it's snowing outside and the roads are dangerous. They'll make you take PTO, or in my case, not paid at all.

Advice to Management

Your employees know more than you do. Learn something so that you can teach new ones. Being a manager doesn't just mean you can keep a group of people showing up on time and play nice. You should be a mentor, a leader, an example and empathetic to everyday life.

Other Employee Reviews for Supermedia

1. "Decent pay, but horribly micromanaged."

Current Employee - Publishing Operations Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Publishing Operations Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Supermedia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employee pay and benefits are industry average

Cons

Micromanagement is horrible, zero opportunities for career advancement, managers have been transferred from the print side to the digital side and are clueless, culture is practically non-existent

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging an use the knowledge and strengths of individual contributors better. Get some training on the digital products.

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Media Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Supermedia (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits still solid..Good co workers..Flexible sched..kind of..

Cons

Pay decreasing 20% per year with dying print product.. Micro managing to the extreme!

Advice to Management

Innovate new products vs reseeling others