Supplemental Health Care - Well structured company | Glassdoor

"Well structured company"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The structure of Supplemental Healthcare is great. You have all that you need to succeed. The company builds most of it's internal solutions- IT, training, etc. So that creates opportunities for movement within. Also, management does truly exercise and open-door policy. Your concerns (if any) will always be heard.

Cons

The industry itself is subject to inconsistency. Also, the structure in place will only excel if you have the right people on your team. The teamwork nature of the job is essential. The incorrect team mix can be hard on an individual who personally excels.

Advice to Management

The focus on numbers (revenue) is of course important. It's how employees keep their jobs. However, I would love if there was more continual process strategy happening. The industry is very inconsistent, but performance quotas are not. I think a more strategic look at specific situations will help managers initiate better plans. As it stands, management instructs to increase "productivity" numbers that may not necessarily be the value-added effort to solve a problem. I just think management gives process improvement answers too quickly, not allowing time to truly assess issues to come up with the best quality solutions.

Other Employee Reviews for Supplemental Health Care

1. "Compliance and Administrative Coordinator"

Former Employee - Compliance Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Compliance Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office environment was very close. I felt we were all friends and could communicate very well together. We supported each other to be successful with the goals we were given to achieve. We had very strong leadership and even with several offices across the country you were a name not a number.

Cons

Sometimes the computer program used by the company was difficult to work with slowed progress.

Advice to Management

Your understanding of work-life balance was noted.

"Supplemental Is an OK Place for a Recruiter"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Management prods you in the back to succeed constantly so some profit generation can be expected if you're a good recruiter.

Cons

They use and abuse people. Churn through the masses, and micromanage from the top down. You don't need to deal with that.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and hiring jerks.